Polyvagal Online Offerings...
In this time of deep disruptions to daily life we are confronted with the challenges of meeting the requirements for social distance and at the same time feeling the powerful pull of the essential need for human connection. While connecting online is certainly not the same as sitting in a room together, I believe our autonomic nervous systems can feel the exchange of ventral vagal energy and we can find our way into autonomic attunement across the miles through webcams and microphones.
Scroll down for more information on...
- Polyvagal Online Book Study Group
- Polyvagal Online Learning Lab
- Foundations of Polyvagal Informed Practice Part I
The Polyvagal Theory in Therapy Online Book Study Group
Beginning May 3
JOIN ANYTIME WITH ACCESS TO RECORDED SESSIONS!
Responding to ongoing requests for discussion about the concepts and exercises presented in The Polyvagal Theory in Therapy...
Come explore The Polyvagal Theory in Therapy in this 15 week book study group with Deb Dana.
Deepen your understanding of the principles and practices of Polyvagal Theory in this chapter by chapter look at how to befriend the nervous system and shape it toward safety and connection. The study group begins with an hour long presentation of the concepts detailed in each chapter and concludes with a 30 minute moderated question and answer period. Sessions will take place from 6:00-7:30 eastern time, and will be recorded and available to all registered participants.
- May 3 Chapter 1 Safety, Danger, and Life-Threat: Adaptive Response Patterns
- May 10 Chapter 2 Autonomic Surveillance: Neuroception
- May 17 Chapter 3 Wired to Connect
- May 31 Chapter 4 The Personal Profile Map
- June 7 Chapter 5 The Triggers and Glimmers Map
- June 14 Chapter 6 The Regulating Resources Map
- June 21 Chapter 7 Compassionate Connection
- June 28 Chapter 8 Safely Aware and Able to Connect
- July 12 Chapter 9 Creating Safe Surroundings
- July 19 Chapter 10 The Autonomic Nervous System as a Relational System
- July 26 Chapter 11 Toning the System with Breath and Sound
- August 2 Chapter 12 Regulating Through the Body
- August 9 Chapter 13 Vagal Regulation with the Brain in Mind
- August 16 Chapter 14 Intertwined States
- August 23 Wrap Up and Final Thoughts
Polyvagal Online Learning Labs
An opportunity for Polyvagal Informed Practitioners to Deepen Their Skills
The Polyvagal Learning Lab will allow Polyvagal informed practitioners to deeply explore specific areas of Polyvagal informed therapy. Each 90-minute module will begin with a teaching piece and end with a moderated question and answer session. Sessions take place Mondays, from 11:00-12:30 eastern time, and will be recorded and available to all registered participants. Because the Learning Labs are designed to deepen your understanding and skill set, in order to register you must have completed a minimum of a two-day Rhythm of Regulation training.
May 18: Bringing a Polyvagal Lens to Your Remote Sessions Clinicians are being asked to meet new challenges as therapy is now routinely offered remotely. This Learning Lab is dedicated to helping you translate the Polyvagal informed approach you have already been bringing to your clinical work to the new experience of remote connection.
June 29: Introducing Polyvagal Theory to Clients, Colleagues, and the Greater Human Community You’ve experienced what happens when you look through the lens of Polyvagal Theory but how do you talk about Polyvagal Theory with others? In this Learning Lab we will explore ways to teach Polyvagal Theory, speak the language of Polyvagal Theory, and invite others to begin to look at the world through the lens of the nervous system.
July 20: Setting up a Polyvagal Informed Session This Learning Lab will outline the basic elements of a Polyvagal informed session and explore ways to routinely integrate them into your work. From the beginning welcome and check in to the ending invitation for ‘homeplay’, we will look at how a Polyvagal perspective guides clinical work.
August 24: Embodying the Polyvagal Perspective The final Learning Lab in this series brings the focus inward to explore what it means to be a Polyvagal informed clinician and looks at the responsibilities and challenges of working in this way.
Register anytime and access The Learning Labs through recorded sessions.
Engaging the Rhythm of Regulation: Foundations of Polyvagal Informed Practice Part I
Five Day Live Online Training: June 12, July 24, August 14, September 11, October 16
9:00 - 4:30 Eastern Time
Course now full - for waitlist email firstname.lastname@example.org
The autonomic nervous system is at the heart of daily living, powerfully shaping experiences of safety and influencing the capacity for connection. Through the organizing principles of hierarchy, neuroception, and co-regulation, Polyvagal Theory has revolutionized our understanding of how this system works. Guided by Polyvagal Theory, we have a new appreciation of the ways experience shapes the nervous system and of the pathways that lead to healing. With this updated map of the autonomic circuits of connection, mobilization, and collapse, we have practical ways to effectively help clients identify and interrupt patterns of protection and strategies to shape their systems toward the regulated state of safety and connection that is necessary for successful treatment.
In this workshop you will:
- Explore Polyvagal Theory by learning the language of the nervous system as you map your own autonomic pathways and discover how to become a regulated and regulating resource for clients.
- Learn how to bring the power of Polyvagal Theory directly into clinical work with practices designed to reliably help clients re-shape their systems and re-write the stories that are carried in their autonomic pathways.
- Experiment with multiple ways to map autonomic responses, create skills to safely explore patterns of action, disconnection, and engagement, and work with techniques to build autonomic regulation and resilience.